Esther Landhuis' Articles
- NewsResearchers have created “sponges” that would absorb excess cancer drugs before they spread through the body and cause negative side effects.
- NewsGrowing mini tumors in a lab dish, researchers can screen compounds to find promising combinations for treating rare cancers.
- FeatureTumors have surface sugars that persuade the body’s defenses to look the other way. New therapies are being devised to break the trance.
- NewsPinpointing the genes behind Clostridium difficile toxin production could help researchers disarm the superbug without killing “good” bacteria.
- NewsThe body mass index tied to lowest risk of death has risen since the 1970s. It now falls squarely in the “overweight” category.