Meghan Rosen's Articles
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Lab Girl, geobiologist Hope Jahren reveals secret lives of plants — and scientists.
- NewsFollowing the 1996 implementation of strict gun control laws in Australia, the country has not experienced any mass shootings.
- NewsAn early report out of Colombia finds no microcephaly in babies born to a group of pregnant women infected with Zika virus during the third trimester.
- Science TickerOlympics not likely to hasten international spread of Zika virus, according to WHO analysis that includes data from previous mass gatherings.
- NewsSri Lankan pygmy blue whales are tweaking their calls — making one part deeper and keeping another part the same — but scientists can’t say why. The finding injects a new wrinkle in theories about blue whale calls.
- NewsFor the first time in the United States, scientists have reported a patient infected with a strain of bacteria carrying the gene mrc-1, making it resistant to the last-ditch antibiotic colistin.
- News in BriefFemale singers who use vocal fry, the deep, creaky vocal effect made famous by pop stars like Britney Spears, may sound more expressive to listeners.
- News in BriefCrashing an empty rocket fuel tank into the surface of Jupiter’s icy moon, Europa, could help scientists figure out the thickness of the ice.
- Science TickerThe number of U.S. pregnant women with evidence of Zika infection has climbed to nearly 300, and includes both women with and without symptoms.
- News in BriefA tiny aerial robot nicknamed RoboBee uses static electricity to perch on surfaces midflight. The landing device could one day help robots conserve energy during search and rescue missions.