Meghan Rosen's Articles
- NewsA plastic material like kitchen cling wrap may be the next big thing in high-tech clothing. The fabric lets heat pass through, but blocks visible light, making it opaque enough to wear.
- Say What?Bagpipes’ moist interiors may be the perfect breeding ground for yeasts and molds.
- News in BriefZika virus may harm more than babies: The virus can infect and kill brain cells in adult mice, too.
- NewsLong-term training with brain-machine interface helps people paralyzed by spinal cord injuries regain some feeling and function.
- IntroducingA new dinosaur species discovered in Patagonia has the runty forearms of a Tyrannosaurus rex, but is not closely related to the gigantic predator.
- News in BriefThree vaccines can protect rhesus monkeys from infection with Zika. One of them fended off viral strains from both Brazil and Puerto Rico.
- NewsRunning doesn’t seem to wipe out old memories in rats, concludes a new study that contradicts earlier reports suggesting that exercise does actually help old memories fade and new memories form — in other rodents.
- Science TickerFlorida adds 10 new cases of locally acquired Zika infection, prompting the CDC to issue travel warning for pregnant women. Mosquitoes in Miami may be resistant to insecticides.
- News in BriefFlorida adds 10 new cases of locally acquired Zika infection, prompting the CDC to issue travel warning for pregnant women. Mosquitoes in Miami may be resistant to insecticides.
- Science TickerMosquitoes in Florida carrying the Zika virus are probably to blame for four recent cases of infection.