Nathan Seppa's Articles
- NewsThe first clinical test of a cancer vaccine that targets a protein called carcinoembryonic antigen shows promise.
- NewsPediatric cancer treatment with chest radiation or anthracyclines can cause a heightened risk of heart disease at an earlier age than previously believed.
- NewsProfiles of genetic variations in cancer patients could help oncologists predict the outcome of chemotherapy.
- NewsPeople taking zinc to fight a cold report less coughing, less nasal discharge, and a shorter cold than do people getting a placebo.
- NewsPeople who drink four or more cups of coffee per day appear more likely to get rheumatoid arthritis than are those drinking less.
- NewsSurgery to remove blockages from the carotid artery in the neck has lasting effects against stroke over several years and even provides some benefit when it's delayed.
- NewsA drug related to the female hormone progesterone helps some pregnant women who are prone to premature birth extend their pregnancies.
- NewsTwo experimental drugs can induce remission in colorectal cancer patients and extend their survival.
- NewsGene therapy that induces infected liver cells to self-destruct slows hepatitis C dramatically in mice.
- NewsElderly women taking estrogen and progestin are more likely to develop dementia, including Alzheimer's disease, and stroke than are women not taking the hormones.