Nick Bascom's Articles
- NewsThough ancient, today’s representatives of the plant group date back to a common ancestor that lived not all that long ago.
- NewsDNA analysis shows bacterium was fairly ordinary but thrived in pestilent conditions of medieval Europe.
- NewsA gene called H2AFY may provide scientists with a way to measure the condition’s progression and whether a treatment is having a biological effect.
- NewsCourtship behavior in a classic lab insect is driven by the aroma of dinner.
- NewsThe way scent-detection machinery is laid out suggests that people are born with some innate olfactory preferences.