Sid Perkins' Articles
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Eruption, a science writer recounts the societal, economic and geologic forces that contributed to the Mount St. Helens disaster.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Origins, a science writer compiles an ambitious yet concise history of the universe and life on Earth.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn The Last Volcano, a geologist profiles Thomas Jaggar, one of the 20th century’s most influential volcanologists.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn "On the Wing," a biomechanicist reviews how animals took to the air.
- Reviews & PreviewsIn A Naturalist Goes Fishing, a marine biologist takes readers on a round-the-world fishing expedition
- Reviews & PreviewsIn Gods of the Morning, a naturalist chronicles how birds and other wildlife withstand the changing seasons in the Scottish Highlands
- Reviews & PreviewsIn ‘The Reason for Flowers’, a pollination ecologist chronicles the science and culture of blossoms from the dawn of humanity.
- Reviews & Previews‘Dispatches from Dystopia’ chronicles adventures in modernist wastelands to recount tales of the invisible and the overlooked, the exiled and the dispossessed.
- Reviews & Previews‘Infested’ captivates with stories about the bloodsucking insects. Resurgent in many areas in the United States, bedbugs are the fastest-growing moneymaker in pest control.
- Reviews & Previews‘Rust’ recounts humanity’s unending battle against corrosion, which each year costs the United States an estimated $437 billion — more than all natural disasters combined.