Ben Harder's Articles
- NewsMeasurement of an electrical abnormality in the heart aids doctors in determining who is most at risk for cardiac arrest.
- NewsA common heart procedure called angioplasty doesn't save lives if it is performed more than a couple of days after a heart attack.
- NewsMen whose hearts beat faster over time are likely to die earlier than those whose hearts keep an unchanging cadence year after year, according to a 20-year study.
- NewsIn the Pacific Northwest, sea lice that spread from cultivated salmon to their wild counterparts have become major parasites affecting the wild population.
- NewsTransplanted retinal cells can restore some vision in mice with degenerative eye disease.
- NewsA chemical found in turmeric may prevent cognitive impairment.
- NewsThe biological riches of the oceans will be spent within decades if current trends continue.
- FeatureBy studying mice that have been engineered to carry mutations in certain tumor-suppressing genes, researchers have identified a link between cancer and aging.
- NewsNovel heart devices fashioned mainly from materials that the body can absorb or break down have made their debut in heart patients.
- NewsThe crocodile's ability to direct oxygen-depleted blood to its stomach may be instrumental in digesting large, bony meals.