Daniel Strain's Articles
- NewsEurasian diving bell spiders, the only truly aquatic arachnids, survive underwater with the help of “physical gills,” scientists say.
- NewsScientists design a digital circuit made of molecules that may be able to crunch a wider variety of complex math problems than previous versions.
- NewsA pancake, not a plume, may fuel the island chain’s volcanoes.
- NewsA mammal's diet strongly influences what kinds of microorganisms live in its intestines.
- NewsEarly animals survived poor marine conditions by inhaling oxygen from bacterial "mines" at the bottom of the ocean.
- NewsA failure in electrical signaling may distinguish patients in vegetative states.
- NewsRising temperatures have decreased global grain production and may be partly responsible for food price increases.