Devin Powell's Articles
- NewsSingle-layer sheets of silicon might have electronic applications.
- NewsA new technique would use flaws in crystal structure to hold data.
- NewsAn understanding of bubbly beginnings points to a new way to foam up slow-pouring stout brews.
- NewsBased on regional tectonics, seismologists expected the biggest events in the island's southern half.
- NewsTrekkie devices that can pull instead of push have been developed by U.S. and Chinese physicists to move small objects.
- NewsStreams of fast-moving particles aren’t fueled just by supernovas, a new study suggests.
- NewsResearchers predict a new form of carbon that could, if made, have industrial uses.
- NewsSelf-healing lithium-ion batteries may last longer than current versions and be less likely to burst into flames.
- NewsA new technology could be used in optical computing.
- NewsCurrents of monopole-like magnetic charges created in an exotic material called spin ice act much like electricity.