Lisa Grossman's Articles
- NewsSome high-risk areas are easier to manage than others, a new model suggests.
- On the SceneThe galaxy’s central supermassive black hole could smear light to reveal extra dimensions.
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsA new study finds that dunes and ridges can form without much wind on the Red Planet.
- NewsExperiments use positive and negative forces to control ice formation at temperatures well below the normal freezing point.
- NewsDry and blowing in the breeze, rotifers are safe from a deadly fungus — and perhaps from the vulnerabilities presumed to accompany asexual reproduction.
- NewsScience students watch as Obama promises education reform
- NewsSix years into its 90-day mission, NASA’s rover becomes a lander
- NewsIsotope catcher could safely store waste from power plants.
- NewsTelecommunication cables could give early warnings of giant waves.