Patrick Barry's Articles
- NewsIntestinal stem cells go awry in elderly flies.
- NewsA new device uses an electric field to increase cars’ gas mileage.
- NewsA difference in vision in cichlids in Lake Victoria could be pushing a species to split into two.
- NewsNew method would make the most of the balance between the good and bad of free radicals, offering a potential treatment for cardiovascular diseases.
- NewsA new technique for converting adult cells to stem cells avoids dangerous mutations in cell DNA
- NewsNanoparticles can be designed for targeted delivery of drugs or genes into the body. New work reveals details of how blood proteins respond to these particles.
- NewsDraft rules lay out policies for approving altered animals, including those used for food.
- NewsIt’s not alchemy, but it might sound like it: a new way to transform sugars from plants into gasoline, diesel or even jet fuel by passing the sugars over exotic materials.
- NewsA study of 952 children in Manchester, England, suggests that children going to day care starting at age 6 months could be less likely to develop asthma later.