Chris Samoray's Articles
- FeatureThis year’s dog research suggested older origins and a new location of domestication for man's best friend.
- NewsPoor memory linked to a hormone receptor in the brain could make male prairie voles more promiscuous.
- Science TickerMutations on a single gene determine how much ultraviolet light a petunia flower absorbs, and in turn, which animal pollinates the flower.
- Science TickerBlackpoll warblers in western North America head east to fatten up before their transoceanic migration.
- NewsNew dates for geologic layers of well-known fossil formation show that dinosaurs and their ancient relatives were separated by less time than researchers thought.
- Science StatsHumans’ global water footprint increases when accounting for water losses from water management practices.
- NewsHelpful E. coli bacteria that live in the guts of animals produce proteins that can decrease an animal’s appetite only 20 minutes after receiving nutrients
- Science StatsLarge numbers of Amazon tree species are threatened by deforestation.
- NewsLab-grown vocal cord tissue could lead the way to better treatments for people with vocal problems
- News in BriefDomestication might have helped early vine plants like pumpkin survive after seed-dispersing megafauna went extinct.