Damaris Christensen's Articles
- NewsAmong people with mild symptoms of memory loss, a limited ability to recognize smells—along with an inability to detect the disability—has been linked to the future development of Alzheimer's.
- FeatureScientists mine the tuberculosis genome.
- FeatureThe search for new contraceptives for men.
- FeatureIslet-cell success may bring a diabetes cure closer.
- NewsInsomnia is associated with increases in stress hormones, boosts that persist all day and night.
- NewsA gene linked to a form of muscular dystrophy also causes a disease that deposits fat unevenly after puberty.
- NewsA medication combining the drug prasterone and hormone dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA, stabilizes or improves symptoms of lupus.
- NewsMen whose wives are about to give birth show hormonal fluctuations that may predispose them to better parenting behavior.
- NewsWomen with polycystic ovaries—commonly linked to infertility—are more likely than women without the disease to show early signs of heart disease.
- FeatureUnraveling alcohol's effects on the developing brain.