Elizabeth Eaton's Articles
- NewsSeabirds in poor condition may communicate this information to their partner by delaying or withholding preening.
- NewsA gene helps nerve cell axons extend to parts of the brain to deliver serotonin, a brain chemical associated with depression.
- NewsImmune system cells called macrophages help heart cells rhythmically contract, maintaining the beat of mice’s hearts.
- The Science LifeTeleocrater rhadinus gives researchers a better picture of what early dinosaur relatives looked like.
- Mystery SolvedHawk moths use their sugary diet to make antioxidants that protect their muscles.
- IntroducingNew worm-snail species shoots snot to snag a snack.
- NewsA common virus may turn the immune system against gluten, leading to the development of celiac disease.
- IntroducingTyrannosaurs may have had sensitive snouts that detected temperature and touch.
- For Daily UseTo avoid mosquito bites, stick with spray-on repellents and skip the bracelets and citronella candles, a new study says.
- NewsIndividual strains of dengue spread locally, and new infections cluster near the home of the first person affected.