Eric Jaffe's Articles
- FeatureIf one group of conservation biologists has its way, lions, cheetahs, elephants, and other animals that went extinct in the western United States up to 13,000 years ago might be coming home.
- FeatureNew research shows that the ecotourism model of raising conservation awareness while protecting indigenous cultures doesn't always work out as planned.
- NewsMechanical engineers have developed a system that greatly decreases the amount of toxic hydrocarbons a car releases.
- NewsThere might be a limit to how small physicists should build tiny sensors that detect viruses and molecules.
- NewsFossils trapped in amber provide evidence that the Amazonian rainforest dates back 10 to 15 million years.
- FeatureAs scientists discover traits shared by human and ape ancestors millions of years ago, they try to fill in the gaps of human evolution.
- NewsIn the aftermath of a cosmic crash between two galaxies, researchers say they've detected invisible dark matter for the first time.
- NewsGiving patients placebo pills for a week before they begin to participate in trials of antidepressants can help clinicians gauge how well they will respond to the actual medication.
- NewsIn two studies, AIDS clinicians found that standard three-drug regimens fight HIV as well as four-drug treatments do, and that a single drug might maintain a patient's health once the virus is suppressed.
- NewsResearch in rats shows that an experimental drug completely regenerates parts of the brain crucial to forming memories.