John Travis' Articles
- FeatureDNA becomes part of the artist's palette.
- NewsThe product of the Indy gene resembles transport proteins in mammals that enable intestinal and kidney cells to take in metabolites to produce energy.
- NewsA genetically crippled strain of yeast can vaccinate mice against deadly normal strains.
- NewsA lack of Vitamin A may cause learning and memory problems, albeit potentially reversible ones.
- NewsAn antibiotic that binds copper and zinc may prevent brain deposits that cause Alzheimer's disease.
- NewsRodents exposed to massive amounts of the pesticide rotenone develop a condition similar to Parkinson's disease.
- NewsHuman skin and scalp tissue may provide a source of neural stem cells.
- NewsSome people are born with dysmusia, a condition marked by difficulty learning to play music or recognizing melodies.
- NewsBlind musicians are more likely to have perfect pitch than are sighted people.
- NewsBy generating antibodies that neutralize nicotine, a vaccine could keep ex-smokers from getting the nicotine high that drives many of them back to their bad habit.