Yao-Hua Law is a freelance science writer based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Yao-Hua Law's Articles
- NewsA honeybee queen’s absence in the colony triggers some workers to turn queen-like and lay eggs, sometimes in other colonies.
- FeatureWith deforestation in Malaysia, monkeys and humans are getting closer — and mosquitoes are infecting humans with malaria from monkeys.
- Mystery SolvedAs they eat insects, one nematode species releases chemicals that attract more insect prey.
- How BizarrePig-tail macaques are seen as a menace on Malaysian palm oil plantations, but may be helping to reduce rodent populations.
- The Science LifeExternal male reproductive organs hid internal female capacity to give birth among hermaphrodite sharks in India.
- Science StatsLeaf-cutter ants struggle to carry wet leaves, so they run to avoid rain.
- The Science LifeTB-sniffing rats prove more accurate in detecting infection, especially in children, than the most commonly used diagnostic tool.