Ivars Peterson's Articles
- FeatureOnline games can not only entertain but also provide valuable data for researchers tackling computer-vision and other tough computational problems.
- Math TrekSolving puzzles such as TipOver and River Crossing can be surprisingly difficult.
- Math TrekThe most efficient way to multiply two large numbers is often far from obvious.
- Math TrekSudoku puzzles are showing up in the math classroom.
- Math TrekA skein of intriguing mathematical objects comes out of an evening devoted to knitting, crocheting, and other crafts.
- Math TrekA polyhedron with seven faces, 14 vertexes, 21 edges, and a hole makes an intriguing lamp.
- Math TrekA New Orleans sculptor and his tetrahedron-based artworks survived Hurricane Katrina.
- Math TrekSwitches in train track layouts lead to a tangled math problem.
- Math TrekHiding a coin in a cake offers a lucky slice and a tantalizing math problem.
- Math TrekAll outcome-based sports ranking systems are fundamentally flawed.