Katie Greene's Articles
- NewsThe Hubble Space Telescope has captured the largest number ever of elliptical galaxies with Einstein rings, a marker of gravitational lensing.
- FeatureScientists are working to overcome the biomedical challenges that would hinder a human voyage to Mars.
- NewsScientists have demonstrated that a message encrypted in a chaotic laser signal can be transmitted more than 100 kilometers through a commercial optical-fiber network.
- NewsA new analysis of data from a 2002 report shows that obesity is the second-largest cause of cancer in the United States.
- NewsA broccoli extract, applied to the skin, has been found to reduce the incidence of skin tumors in mice.
- NewsA synthetic version of a protein present in a woman's body during pregnancy is as effective against breast cancer as the current drug tamoxifen is, according to a study in rodents.
- NewsBody language can influence the perception of emotion on a person's face.
- NewsSome male fish can upgrade their social status, and their appearance, in a matter of minutes.
- NewsA new mathematical model of the Internet shows that it may not be as vulnerable to centralized attacks as previous research suggested.
- NewsScientists have developed a technique to mass-produce a type of pancreas cell needed for transplants into people with type 1 diabetes.