Leah Rosenbaum is an editorial intern at Science News. She has two bachelor’s degrees from Johns Hopkins University in writing and public health. She is currently a graduate student at UC Berkeley, completing a combined Masters of Journalism and Masters of Public Health program, with a focus on infectious diseases and vaccines. Her freelance work has appeared in STAT News, Tonic (Vice), and Health News Review, among other publications.
Leah Rosenbaum's Articles
- NewsResearchers saw higher levels of herpesvirus in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients, which may contribute to plaque formation.
- The –estPainted ladies migrate the farthest of any butterfly.
- Mystery SolvedAfter almost 40 years, scientists have discovered that Jupiter has lightning that is similar to lightning on Earth — it just happens in a different place.
- NewsScientists eavesdropped while narwhals clicked and buzzed. The work could help pinpoint how the whales may react to more human noise in the Arctic.
- NewsAfter 13 generations isolated from predators, the endangered northern quoll lost its fear of them.
- NewsA migraine prevention drug was recently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. But some questions about the therapy remain.