Rebecca Cheung's Articles
- NewsProtein that marks day length also coordinates blooming genes.
- Reviews & Previews
Years ago, Long realized there was something fishy about robots — that is, robots could be made to be fishlike.
Director of the Interdisciplinary Robotics Research Laboratory at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., Long reflects on his career as a biologist who uses robots to study fish evolution. Up front, he tackles the social hazards that come with his occupation, fielding questions like, “What do robots have to do with biology?”
- NewsChronic, low-level sound exposure causes deficits in rats.
- NewsVariations could play a role in determining time of death, or help shift workers better adapt.
- NewsWings’ length, individual segments allow species to produce mating calls in range of frequencies.
- NewsSpecies thrives in Baltic Sea despite never reaching adulthood.
- NewsNew analysis reveals that the Arctic species dates back to about 600,000 years ago.
- NewsCell-based approach to new follicles takes hold in skin.