Richard Monastersky's Articles
- FeatureNew geological evidence suggests that humans have started exploiting fossil fuels and altering Earth's atmosphere at precisely the moment when greenhouse gases could do the most damage to climate.
- NewsA map of a now-flooded region charts the path that Asians may have taken to first reach the Americas.
- NewsThe temperature of the North Pacific Ocean has apparently veered from one extreme to the other—a change that could alter North American weather for the next decade or two.
- NewsScientists confirm a confusing discrepancy between temperatures at Earth's surface and in its atmosphere.
- NewsA bit of fossil fakery snookered a team of paleontologists
- NewsUnusually low temperatures hindered Robert Falcon Scott's polar expedition in 1912.
- NewsA survey of Mount Everest alters its official elevation to 29,035 feet.
- NewsDust from a giant eruption is lodged within Florida coral.
- NewsHigh concentrations of ozone from Asia reach the United States.