Kate Ramsayer's Articles
- FeatureScientists are eavesdropping on volcanoes, avalanches, earthquakes, and meteorites to discern these phenomena's infrasound signatures and see what new information infrasound might reveal.
- Food for Thought
Note: To comment, Science News subscribing members must now establish a separate login relationship with Disqus. Click the Disqus icon below, enter your e-mail and click “forgot password” to reset your password. You may also log into Disqus using Facebook, Twitter or Google.X
- NewsLong-term exposure to the pesticide endosulfan may delay the onset of puberty in boys.
- NewsScientists have synthesized a viral genome in record time.
- NewsAstronomers blocked out the light of a nearby star and found hints of an orbiting planet.
- NewsCirrus cloud formation is influenced by the particles in the atmosphere, including pollutants.
- NewsMicroscopic needles may provide a painless alternative to syringes and patches.
- FeatureSnippets of RNA that control biochemical reactions by squelching the creation of specific proteins play a role in the development of leaves.
- NewsPlanting crops in south Florida may have increased the risk of the freezes farmers hoped to avoid.
- NewsA long-lost asteroid that came close to Earth in 1937 has been spotted again, and its projected path steers clear of Earth.