Amy Maxmen's Articles
- NewsGenetic data confirm the marine predators have more ancient origin than simpler sponges.
- FeatureComb jelly genetics suggest a radical redrawing of the tree of life.
- NewsA study of snake embryos suggests that fangs evolved once, then moved around in the head to give today’s snakes a variety of bites.
- NewsScientists find the role of dopamine varies from one end of a brain region to another.
- NewsWith a lifespan of just five months, the chameleon Furcifer labordi leads a briefer life than any other land-dwelling vertebrate.
- NewsConnections between nerve cells may be lost when communication between the cells lapses.
- NewsMaking a face might have helped human ancestors survive.
- NewsDate palm pit found at Masada sprouts at age 2,000, becoming the oldest known seed to germinate.