Chris Samoray's Articles
- FeatureMicrobes take up residence on ocean plastics, potentially causing changes in ocean environments.
- Mystery SolvedScientists have discovered that a plant compound interferes with bacterial communication.
- 50 Years AgoThe first spacecraft to safely land on the moon touched down on the lunar surface in 1966.
- NewsMicrobes can speed up evolution by changing phenotypes.
- Science TickerBehavioral and physical traits buffer some bats against white-nose syndrome while leaving others vulnerable.
- Mystery SolvedComputer simulations of plesiosaur swimming motion may resolve long-standing debate on how the marine reptile got around.
- NewsPairing folktales with ancient languages shows that at least a few folktales originated thousands of years ago.
- NewsHuman weapon injuries on mammoth bones show humans were in the Arctic up to 15,000 years earlier than researchers thought.
- NewsNutrient-poor ocean waters make phytoplankton photosynthesis inefficient
- News in BriefWild bee abundance in the United States is lowest in agricultural regions, according to a new model.