- NewsFor second time this year, a mathematician makes a major advance toward proving a long-standing conjecture.
- Science VisualizedMalawian and Guahibo gut microbiomes resembled those of herbivorous mammals, while American guts were more similar to carnivores’.
- 50 Years AgoNew Zealand’s flightless birds have limped through the last few decades, but conservation efforts have had some success.
- Letters to the EditorScience policy and sleep get a deeper review.
- Editor's NoteDespite what many people think about humans’ place in the scheme of things, scientists are finding more evidence that we live in a world of microbes.