© 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- Science VisualizedMathematicians have conjectured since Euclid’s time that there are infinite pairs of prime numbers.
- It's AliveA vampire bat drinks one meal a night, and missing just three nights in a row would probably kill the animal.
- Mystery SolvedFans of 'Jurassic Park' may be disappointed (or possibly relieved) to learn that you can’t get ancient DNA from amber.
- The –estTamu Massif forms a broad, rounded dome rising about 4 kilometers from the seafloor and stretching 450 by 650 kilometers across.
- Science StatsU.S. federal spending on science has decreased sharply since 2010. Scientists are feeling the crunch.
- The List
The following U.S. states report the highest percentages of their workers employed in science and engineering jobs:
1. D.C. (10.7%)
2. Maryland (7.0%)
3. Massachusetts (6.4%)
4. Virginia (6.2%)
5. Colorado (6.1%)
Source: National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics 2013
- Editor's NoteScience News has reinvented itself many times over the decades, and while our latest incarnation pushes us into the digital future, our mission remains unchanged: to translate the latest advances of science into an easy-to-read form.
- Reviews & PreviewsSendhil Mullainathan and Eldar Shafir explain why having too little means so much.
- Letters to the EditorReaders respond to our stories 'Distracted Driving' and 'Ratio of a good life exposed as ‘nonsense’'
- 50 Years AgoHurricane records have been broken.